//Vanished-Colonists

Long has Roanoke been a mystery. Theories abound, from alien abduction to outbreaks of the undead.

Roanoke was once, according to the memoirs of one James Raleigh III, Labyrinthed and the site of a war between the Black King and the colonists.

According to his memoirs, it began when one Rudolph Winston Church was tried and convicted for the brutal abuse and murder of the Carlston twins, Rebecca and Dorothy. Half-Mad, he was led to the gallows screaming about "the faceless man, I swear on the Lord's name it was him!" He continued to rant and scream until the rope stretched taut.

However, the next night, one Ester Church, the late Rudolph's wife, reported their seven-year-old son Johnathan missing, and he wasn't found for several more days. Mr. Raleigh described the sight in his memoirs as "absolutely horrendous, the work of a man possessed by Satan or worse. The boy had been opened from chest to stomach, his entrails spread about the ground, and his body impaled upon a tree. Ester fell to her knees with a wail," and funeral arrangements were made, slowly.

A courier was sent to the nearest garrison to seek aid from the King's Men, only, two days later, the courier came riding up to the colony from the opposite side, seeming confused. There were no redcoats with him.

More will come as I read through his memoirs, to be sure.

Comments

  1. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put his guts back inside him again...Ooh, that's dark. That's very interesting, Temperance; I do hope more comes from this, I would very much like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temperance? Odd, I always thought myself a more Wordly card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Patience and good influence", dearest Thage. I do see how the World may fit you, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always come back to Roanoke, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt it was interesting enough to warrant compiling this man's assertions. I would have passed it over without another thought had he not quoted Church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should be more shocked by this, but at this point, I'm game for just about any revelation concerning stick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the pieces are falling into play once again. We have made our move. Let the White players know it is their turn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we already know that much, anyway (X).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the Beast is a mastermind ages old? Pieces falling into place? I don't like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Thage, have you ever heard of three individuals who call themselves "Black Leaf", "Cerberus", and "Al(x)ne"? Well, they're all Agents, except for Cerberus, as of yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of Cerberus. The other two, I haven't, although they sound suspiciously like bandwagoneers given the recent turn of events on the White Bishop's blog and the gratuitous tensor symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He posts in nonsensical anagrams for little to no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, he did have reason. He was being watched by slendy man's other minions. He's also dropped the anagrams and started a blog: http://unchainedhound.blogspot.com/ If you have any insight on this, let us know, please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You bark up the wrong tree, Little Prey. Fate has never graced a meeting between this Observer and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Must you torment him wherever he goes whether in person or online? Can he have no reprieve from you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A quick apology for the delay, it turns out that he had scattered his recountings of Roanoke through several different journals in between more common journal entries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thage.

    It's me, Cheska.

    I'm still alive.

    Can...Can we meet up?

    I need to talk to you.

    -Cheska

    ReplyDelete
  18. I suppose, yes, although my house is getting rather full I do have room for one more, if you don't mind sleeping on a fold-out couch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

//Queen-Removed

//INACTIVITY